top of page
wedding paperwork witnesses signing

Wedding Information

I will ensure that all legal aspects of the ceremony are fulfilled on the day, but there are some things you may need to know prior.


You will need to apply for a marriage licence which is valid for 3 months. This costs $150 and is paid for by the couple. You can apply for a marriage licence online at


You can also choose to buy a marriage certificate when you apply for your marriage licence. 


If you are 16 or 17 years old then you will need to get consent from a family court to marry.


If you are eloping, you will still require 2 witnesses to sign the paperwork on the day.


If you or any of the witnesses don’t speak english, then an interpreter is required for the ceremony.

bottom of page